BLANKBLANKTWITTERPINTERESTBLOGLOVINYOUTUBERSSAUDIOBOOLOGOHOMEME + MY BLOGFOR YOUTHE BESTCONTACT

Friday, January 27

Fearless Fantasy Friday - A Showcase Of Lovely Home Libraries!

Of course, one of my biggest fantasties so far as what to have in my home is a wall (or walls) of superb built-in bookshelves. I'd particularly like some of the ones that go around and over doorways or windows.

The ultimate fantasy would be like the 'secret door' shelves below. How cool would that be!

I've collected a few lovely library pics over on my Pinterest boards, and thought I'd share some with you!









Don't you just adore these?

Beautiful turquoise shelves, books under the stairs, soaring bookshelves for gorgeous collections, secret shelving, and books all around a little day bed to cocoon yourself in. Divine!

If you're a library lover too.... here's another terrific post with lots of glorious home library pics. This one consistently ranks among the top 3 most visited posts on the blog.

Happy Friday everyone - hope you have a weekend bursting with fun and great things to do!

I have 3 days of my 5 week holiday break left... time enough to finish off another great book perhaps! I've read quite a few over my break. A Thousand Splendid Suns was a really moving book and something I'd recommend to anyone... I had a good cry in quite a few places. It's amazing what people can cope with in their lives and still manage to exist somehow. It reminded be again how lucky and blessed I truly am to live where I do, when I do, and how I do.

Linda. xox

******

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes. You know who shares this particular fantasy with you don't you?! Oh My God.

    I think my favourite is the one with the hidden chamber behind the book shelves. Although I also love the look of that big room with the turquoise shelves - what a fantastic space that is. Sigh. I need to wipe my chin now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. You know what they say...If you have a Garden & Library...you have all you need. So true.
    These are wonderful, my favorite is Desire to Inspire, To have shelves & books to the ceiling...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The turquoise shelves are amazingly beautiful. Ikea has made the Billy shelves in many colors and I have been thinking of buying the blue ones...they are adorable.
    Honestly, I think i now what's keeping me from organizing my house better. It's because i wouldn't leave it anymore. Never ever. If I had a library perfectly organized (and the rest of the house too) , having a garden with a wonderful view, as susie says, I would have it all I need. And i would never leave it again. Bobbi the hermit would disappear.
    Happy weekend to you too, enjoy the last days of freedom!!
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely image I'm am currently creating my own personal library at home these pics have given me some wonderful inspiration! Thanks -MrsNx
    www.thedesperatediaryofahousewife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I'm very grateful for your participation.

Until next time may your home be full of lots of love, laughter, and life!

Linda. xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails